Many visitors to this website ask me about the possibilities to get an extended visa aside from the ordinary tourist visa.

I’ll explain the most common visas here.
Upon arrival in the Philippines (almost) every tourist gets a 21 day visa to stay at no cost. Once in the Philippines this tourist visa can be extended to 59 days in total.
After the 59 days it is possible to extend again with another 2 months, and again, and again. The maximum stay as a tourist is 16 months. Every extension of the visa has a different price. Check the website of the Department of Tourism visa fees.

(links to government sites in the Philippines are often broken, why? They have more traffic than the hosting company allows !!)
When extending a tourist visa you also need to get an ACR-I card. Check how to get to get an ACR-I card. This can be done on every Immigration Office in the country. Check for Immigration offices in the Philippines

If you are married to a (former) Filipino Citizen, and you travel together to the Philippines, you can ask (when arriving at the airport) for a so called ‘balikbayan‘ status. This gives you the right to stay in the country for 12 months. After this time you can go for an extension, but your status will be changed to a tourist (that means every two months extension), or apply for a 13a visa or SRRV.

If you are married to a (former) Filipino citizen, your spouse can request a 13a visa (permanent resident visa) for you. If your spouse applies for this visa while still outside the Philippines it will be permanent immediately. If you apply while in the Philippines then it will be probationary for the first year and you will need to return to immigration after one year to file more forms and pay more fees. For more info click the following link and when you reach the site click on the (13A) tab near the top 13A visa in the Philippines.

For info about the US Embassy and the Consulates in the US click this link.

For a complete list of all Philippine embassies and consulates check world wide Embassies of the Philippines. On the page you have to click on the menu at “about the DFA” and select “RP embassies, consulates and RCO’s “.

What do you have to pay for your specific visa , just click this link.

Whether single or not you may apply for the SRRV, Special Resident Retiree’s Visa. This visa requires a deposit of anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 depending on age and/or verifiable pension income. You must be at least 35 years old to avail of this program. Click here for more info.

If you like to work in the Philippines you need to have a working permit. This can be done by a special visa or is included in a 13a and SRRV.
The above website links of the Philippine Immigration will change from time to time, because they are updating their website. You can also check the home page of Philippine Immigration and search on their website.