As an Expat in the Philippines and living in this beautiful country I see lots of things. Not only the poverty, the smoke belching cars, the many garbage in some streets, but also the smiling faces of the friendly people and their ways of expressing themselves. I have reported about this kind of things already several times. And those stories are always accompanied by pictures of those things. You might like to check the category Pictures of the Philippines where most of those stories can be found. But also in the Remarkable Things section you will find numerous posts which will make you smile or wonder. Today I will show you a few pictures of the outside walls of a small eatery near the public Market of Cainta Rizal, along Ortigas Extension, across the Robinson Cainta Mall. I was just strolling a little in the neighborhood when I suddenly spotted these texts on a nicely decorated small eatery. They are kind of ‘poetic’, although it’s not completely clear to me what the ‘creator’ wanted to say. I can just imagine what’s the meaning of these expressions. They say:
- Can one ever remember love? It’s like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
- How difficult a thing it is, to love and to be wise, and both at once.
- Love makes ….. time pass Time makes ……love pass
- It is…. ….love, not reason, that is stronger than death.
- If Jack’s in love, he’s no judge of Jill’s beauty. L.O.V.E.
The texts are placed under the serving windows of the eatery, and therefore maybe only few people will notice them.